CSIMarket
 
New York Times Co  (NYT)
Other Ticker:  
 
 

New York Times Co's Suppliers Performance

NYT's Supply Chain

 
NYT Costs vs Sales of Suppliers Growth New York Times Co's Suppliers realized sales deteriorated by -9.4 % compare to the same quarter a year ago, sequentially sales grew by 6.23 %, New York Times Co's cost of sales deteriorated by % year on year, compare to one quarter ago cost of sales fell by -40.51 % in Q2.

More on NYT Suppliers




New York Times Co's Suppliers realized sales deteriorated by -9.4 % compare to the same quarter a year ago, sequentially sales grew by 6.23 %, New York Times Co's cost of sales deteriorated by -35.06 % year on year, compare to one quarter ago cost of sales fell by -40.51 % in Q2.

More on NYT Suppliers




New York Times Co's Comment on Supply Chain


We have non-controlling ownership interests primarily in one newsprint company and one mill producing supercalendered paper, a polished paper used in some magazines, catalogs and preprinted inserts, which is a higher-value grade than newsprint (the “Forest Products Investments”).

We have a 49% equity interest in a Canadian newsprint company, Donohue Malbaie Inc. (“Malbaie”). The other 51% is owned by Resolute FP Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Resolute Forest Products Inc. (“Resolute”), a Delaware corporation. Resolute is a large global manufacturer of paper, market pulp and wood products. Malbaie manufactures newsprint on the paper machine it owns within Resolute’s paper mill in Clermont, Quebec. Malbaie is wholly dependent upon Resolute for its pulp, which is purchased by Malbaie from Resolute’s Clermont paper mill. Malbaie produced approximately 212,000 metric tons of newsprint, of which approximately 10% was sold to us, with the balance sold to Resolute for resale.

We have a 40% equity interest in Madison Paper Industries (“Madison”), a partnership operating a supercalendered paper mill in Madison, Maine. Madison purchases the majority of its wood from local suppliers, mostly under long-term contracts. Madison produced approximately 190,000 metric tons, of which approximately 5% was sold to us.

RAW MATERIALS
The primary raw materials we use are newsprint and supercalendered and coated paper. We purchase newsprint from a number of North American producers. The paper we used for our print products was purchased from unrelated suppliers and related suppliers in which we hold equity interests. A significant portion of newsprint is purchased from Resolute.


New York Times Co's Comment on Supply Chain


We have non-controlling ownership interests primarily in one newsprint company and one mill producing supercalendered paper, a polished paper used in some magazines, catalogs and preprinted inserts, which is a higher-value grade than newsprint (the “Forest Products Investments”).

We have a 49% equity interest in a Canadian newsprint company, Donohue Malbaie Inc. (“Malbaie”). The other 51% is owned by Resolute FP Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Resolute Forest Products Inc. (“Resolute”), a Delaware corporation. Resolute is a large global manufacturer of paper, market pulp and wood products. Malbaie manufactures newsprint on the paper machine it owns within Resolute’s paper mill in Clermont, Quebec. Malbaie is wholly dependent upon Resolute for its pulp, which is purchased by Malbaie from Resolute’s Clermont paper mill. Malbaie produced approximately 212,000 metric tons of newsprint, of which approximately 10% was sold to us, with the balance sold to Resolute for resale.

We have a 40% equity interest in Madison Paper Industries (“Madison”), a partnership operating a supercalendered paper mill in Madison, Maine. Madison purchases the majority of its wood from local suppliers, mostly under long-term contracts. Madison produced approximately 190,000 metric tons, of which approximately 5% was sold to us.

RAW MATERIALS
The primary raw materials we use are newsprint and supercalendered and coated paper. We purchase newsprint from a number of North American producers. The paper we used for our print products was purchased from unrelated suppliers and related suppliers in which we hold equity interests. A significant portion of newsprint is purchased from Resolute.



NYT's Suppliers Net profit fell by NYT's Suppliers Net margin fell in Q2 to
-44.81 % 6.47 %


New York Times Co's Suppliers Sales Growth in Q2 2019 by Industry

Suppliers in Chemical Manufacturing Industry -8.22 %   
Suppliers in Chemicals - Plastics & Rubber Industry -29.25 %   
Suppliers in Forestry & Wood Products Industry -27.48 %   
Suppliers in Paper & Paper Products Industry -3.87 %   
Suppliers in Construction Raw Materials Industry -0.19 %   
Suppliers in Oil & Gas Integrated Operations Industry      1.86 %
Suppliers in Real Estate Investment Trusts Industry -18.06 %   
Suppliers in Advertising Industry      5.37 %
Suppliers in Professional Services Industry      2.64 %
Suppliers in Communications Equipment Industry  
Suppliers in Internet Services & Social Media Industry -11.34 %   
Suppliers in Software & Programming Industry      5.51 %
     
• NYT Suppliers Valuation • NYT Segment Rev. Growth • NYT Segment Inc. Growth • NYT Suppliers Mgmt. Effect.





NYT's vs. Suppliers, Data

(Revenue and Income for Trailing 12 Months, in Millions of $, except Employees)



COMPANY NAME TICKER MARKET CAP REVENUES INCOME EMPLOYEES
New York Times Co NYT 6,255 1,795 137 3,588
Eastman Chemical Co EMN 9,175 9,611 974 15,000
International Paper Company IP 15,664 23,322 1,220 58,000
Gevo, Inc. GEVO 21 25 -27 74
Lyondellbasell Industries N.v. LYB 76 35,424 3,477 13,100
ROHM AND HAAS COMPANY ROH 0 0 0 0
Dupont De Nemours, Inc. DD 70,191 21,512 600 63,000
Officemax Inc OMX 0 0 0 0
Weyerhaeuser Company WY 20,937 6,554 -76 12,800
Interpublic Group Of Companies, Inc. IPG 9,197 10,221 674 47,400
Rr Donnelley & Sons Co RRD 169 6,413 -26 68,000
Integral Technologies Inc ITKG 2 1 -6 1
Plum Creek Timber Co Inc PCL 0 1,340 214 1,308
Louisiana-pacific Corporation LPX 3,046 2,310 -10 4,500
Glatfelter P H Co GLT 676 534 -57 4,375
Mercer International Inc. MERC 637 1,624 -10 1,486
Resolute Forest Products Inc. RFP 255 3,187 60 8,000
Verso Corporation VRSZQ 0 0 0 5,200
Verso Corporation VRSZ 0 0 0 0
Veritiv Corporation VRTV 193 8,537 32 8,800
It Tech Packaging, Inc. ONP 21 111 -1 605
Adm Tronics Unlimited, Inc. ADMT 13 3 0 21
Bioamber Inc. BIOA 1 15 -102 86
Cabot Corporation CBT 2,254 3,243 155 4,300
Celanese Corporation CE 11,859 6,297 858 7,293
W R Grace & Co GRA 3,856 1,998 186 3,700
Huntsman Corporation HUN 4,344 7,572 598 15,000
Innospec Inc. IOSP 2,198 1,545 112 1,800
Quaker Chemical Corporation KWR 2,847 954 24 2,020
Momentive Performance Materials Inc. MPMQ 1,560 2,331 0 4,900
Minerals Technologies Inc MTX 1,715 1,791 136 3,583
Newmarket Corporation NEU 4,661 2,190 254 1,998
Rpm International Inc RPM 9,142 5,577 304 13,394
Westlake Chemical Corporation WLK 7,285 7,858 275 8,870
Westlake Chemical Partners Lp WLKP 799 1,269 324 141
Polyone Corporation POL 2,016 2,863 589 7,000
Verso Corporation VRS 578 2,640 96 5,200
Trecora Resources TREC 156 272 -1 310
Akamai Technologies, Inc AKAM 15,467 2,795 423 2,457
Accenture Plc ACN 127,995 43,968 4,930 275,000
Logmein, Inc. LOGM 4,147 1,260 -15 2,760
Liveperson, Inc. LPSN 1,921 278 -75 981
Qumu Corp QUMU 18 25 -1 121
Smith Micro Software, Inc. SMSI 211 38 10 161
Worlds Inc WDDD 17 0 1 1
Synacor, Inc. SYNC 44 139 -7 320
Voip-pal.com Inc VPLM 59 0 -4 1
SUBTOTAL 335,423 227,648 16,108 673,067


             
Economy


Advance Monthly Sales

Consumer Price Index CPI

Producer Price Index PPI

Retail Inventories

Personal Income

Gross Domestic Product GDP

Money Supply

Industrial Production

Productivity

Employment Situation

US International Trade

Factory Orders

Durable Goods

Construction Spending

Housing Starts

Vehicle Unit Sales

Stocks


Event Calendar

SPGI's Profile

Stock Price

SPGI's Financials

Business Description

Fundamentals

Charts & Quotes

SPGI's News

Suppliers

SPGI's Competitors

Customers & Markets

Economic Indicators

SPGI's Growth

Company Segments

Screening


Stock Performance

Growth Rates

Profitability

Valuation

Dividend

Financial Strength

Efficiency

Largest Companies

Management Effectivness

Industries


At a Glance

Performance

Growth Rates

Profitability

Valuation

Financial Strength

Markets


At a Glance

Stocks

Indices

Sectors & Industries

Financials

Commodities

Currencies

News


At a Glance

Stocks

Economy

Industries

Other

Help


Sitemap

Advertise

About us

Glossary


Financial Terms

Technical Analysis

Fundamental Analysis

Energy Terms

Manufacturing Terms

Transportation Terms

Health Care

Insurance Terms

Economy Terms

Hotel & Leisure Terms

CSIMarket Company, Sector, Industry, Market Analysis, Stock Quotes, Earnings, Economy, News and Research.  Free Stock Market News Feeds
   Copyright © 2020 CSIMarket, Inc. All rights reserved. This site uses cookies to make your browsing experince better. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy - UPDATED (Read about our Privacy Policy)

To view Intraday Stock Data Java must be installed. Java content may be prohibited by the security software, to see the stock quotes, choose "allow content from this page" option. Intraday data delayed per exchange requirements. All quotes are in local exchange time. Intraday data delayed 15 minutes for Nasdaq, and other exchanges. Fundamental and financial data for Stocks, Sector, Industry, and Economic Indicators provided by CSIMarket.com
CSIMarket.com 1500 N. University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33071