Koss Corporation  (KOSS)
Other Ticker:  

Koss Corporation

Business Description

As used herein unless the context otherwise requires, the term “Company” means Koss Corporation and its subsidiary, Koss U.K. Limited. The Company formed Koss U.K. Limited to comply with certain European Union ("EU") requirements. The entity is non-operating and holds no assets. The Company was incorporated in Delaware in 1971.

The Company operates in the audio/video industry segment of the home entertainment industry through its design, manufacture and sale of stereo headphones and related accessory products. The Company reports its results as a single reporting segment, as the Company’s principal business line is the design, manufacture and sale of stereo headphones and related accessories.

The Company’s products are sold through national retailers, U.S. distributors, international distributors, audio specialty stores, the internet, direct mail catalogs, regional department store chains, discount department stores, grocery stores, electronics retailers, military exchanges and prisons under the “Koss” name. The Company also sells products to distributors for resale to school systems, and directly to other manufacturers for inclusion with their own products. The Company has more than 200 domestic dealers and its products are carried in approximately 16,000 domestic retail outlets and numerous retailers worldwide. International markets are served by domestic sales representatives and sales offices in the Netherlands and Russia. The Company utilizes independent distributors in several foreign countries.

Approximately 83% of the Company’s sales were from stereo headphones used for listening to music. The remaining 17% of the Company's sales were from headphones used in communications, education settings, and in conjunction with metal detectors. The products are not significantly differentiated by their retail sales channel or application with the exception of products sold to school systems and prisons. There are no other product line differentiations other than the quality of the sound produced by the stereo headphone itself, which is highly subjective.

The Company sources complete stereo headphones manufactured to its specifications from various manufacturers in Asia as well as raw materials used to produce stereo headphones at its plant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Management believes that it has sources of complete stereo headphones and raw materials that are adequate for its needs.

There are no employment or compensation commitments between the Company and its dealers. The Company has several independent manufacturers’ representatives as part of its distribution efforts. The Company typically signs one year contracts with these manufacturers’ representatives. The arrangements with foreign distributors do not contemplate that the Company pays any compensation other than any profit the distributors make upon their sale of the Company’s products.


View Company Supplier View Company Competition View Company Customers

Advance Monthly Sales

Consumer Price Index CPI

Producer Price Index PPI

Retail Inventories

Personal Income

Gross Domestic Product GDP

Money Supply

Industrial Production


Employment Situation

US International Trade

Factory Orders

Durable Goods

Construction Spending

Housing Starts

Vehicle Unit Sales


Event Calendar

FOXWU's Profile

Stock Price

FOXWU's Financials

Business Description


Charts & Quotes

FOXWU's News


FOXWU's Competitors

Customers & Markets

Economic Indicators

FOXWU's Growth

Company Segments


Stock Performance

Growth Rates




Financial Strength


Largest Companies

Management Effectivness


At a Glance


Growth Rates



Financial Strength


At a Glance



Sectors & Industries






About us


Financial Terms

Technical Analysis

Fundamental Analysis

Energy Terms

Manufacturing Terms

Transportation Terms

Health Care

Insurance Terms

Economy Terms

Hotel & Leisure Terms

CSIMarket Company, Sector, Industry, Market Analysis, Stock Quotes, Earnings, Economy, News and Research.    Copyright © 2021 CSIMarket, Inc. All rights reserved. This site uses cookies to make your browsing experince better. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy - UPDATED (Read about our Privacy Policy)

Intraday data delayed per exchange requirements. All quotes are in local exchange time. Intraday data delayed 15 minutes for Nasdaq, and other exchanges. Fundamental and financial data for Stocks, Sector, Industry, and Economic Indicators provided by CSIMarket.com
CSIMarket.com 1500 N. University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33071